Monday, September 15, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday....

For the girls, Mondays are their worst day of the week. Why, you ask? Well, they do labs on Mondays and the girls HATE getting their blood taken for labs. They are often more crabby and tired on Mondays than any other day of the week. I expect Mondays to be especially fussy.

That said, today was a 'GOOD Monday'! The girls are starting to pick up on their feeds, which is cool! As normal, we have good days and bad days with eating. I'm hoping that today is starting a NEW trend of good eating that will get them sprung from the slammer (as I now refer to the NICU).

This morning (as usual), I was up at 6:45 and called the NICU. Much to my surprise our nurse had GREAT news for me. Sydney had eaten all but 10 mils of her bottle at 11 and Olivia had eaten ALL of her bottle (a first for her in quite a few days), but then at 2 & 5 Sydney ate ALL of her bottles while Olivia ate half or 32 mils of each of her feedings. This was super encouraging for us to hear and Matt and I were both very happy. Of course throughout the day they continued to have good and bad feeds (feeds where they were given breaks and just tube fed). We are, as always, hoping things pick up so they can come home soon!

Today, on my way to the NICU I had our carseats installed in the Tribute. It was neat to learn how to install the seats and how to take them out. The carseat installer taught me how to make sure that carseats are as tight as you can possibly make them, for which you need a lot of arm strength AND your knee. I was happy to see the amount of room left in my car, but there's still not enough space left for our other babies. :( Oh well, someday we'll have a bigger car, but not just yet.

I was happy today that our NP Michelle was back from her vacation to Florida (she didn't have to be evacuated thankfully). I missed her, as did the girls, who were showing off for her. :)

I have to admit that I am getting QUITE worried about the state of the economy in the U.S. I watched the Today show this AM (which is my new morning show between pumps and napping). It's depressing to think of ALL of the money our parents are losing in investments. While Matt and I have QUITE a bit of time before we retire, it's still scary to see us lose money too. I heard on the news that over 700 billion dollars was lost on Wall Street today. God that is DEPRESSING. :(

I also learned how HORRIBLE all the flooding was in STL from the leftovers of Hurricane Ike. My heart goes out to the many families who lost someone, had property damage, or even lost power due to the storming. All Matt and I suffered was a slight inconvenience of traffic due to flooding, thankfully. Hopefully the rain stays away for a while. I have to admit though, that I am loving, loving, loving the Fall like weather that has come from Ike. Have I mentioned yet that both Matt and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall? It's such a great time of year.

Oh well, keep saying some prayers for the babies that they will be out of jail soon. :) Matt and I have a bet as to when they will get sprung but we are NOT going to mention that anytime soon! We'll let you know when we know something official. What I do know is that I see a trip to a Mexican restaurant in my future this weekend! AND that we're going to get the rest of our ducks in a row this week too so that we are READY when they tell us that the girls are coming home, which is hopefully sooner rather than later.

Here are the girlies from today!

Olivia..


Sydney....



Hope All is Well,


J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment about our blog entries. We'd love to hear from you!