Monday, September 8, 2008

We Like, We Love...

We want some more of it. So apparently the girls STILL love Children's hospital. They love it so much that we are STILL not sure when they are officially coming home. 3 weeks ago we were told they'd be home by the 12th, now it's not looking like that's the date or that there is even a date in sight (again). I'm frustrated to say the least. I can't wait for this $#!% to be over. I feel as if my entire maternity leave has been wasted and it's frustrating. I feel like EVERYONE else is getting to or going to get to spend time with my babies BUT me. I didn't get to see them until 4 days AFTER they were born (everyone else had already been to see them), now they live at Children's and I can only see them during certain hours, and next thing I know I'll be back at work and my mom and Matt's mom will be taking care of them for a couple weeks, at which time I won't be able to see them. This sucks.

Both girls have gained weight, Sydney is finally over 5 pounds and Olivia is over 6. Great weights for 'newborns' which they will OFFICIALLY be next week when they reach their official due date next Thursday. Olivia continues to struggle with her gaseous issues and her reflux, both of which I will be addressing with her new DR tomorrow. I feel as if the gas issue is part of the reason that she's not so willing to take her bottles and the reflux could also be part of this. So, we'll see. Sydney continues to on average take at least 1/2 of her bottle each time. However, both of the girls have started taking at least one full bottle a day since Friday night, which is a good sign. :) And Olivia continues to do GREAT on Room Air, so keep it up girlie no oxygen tank coming home with you (whenever that is).
I have requested that they try different bottles with the girls starting tomorrow, and I will be bringing in our Dr. Brown's bottles and Playtex Drop-ins bottles to try with them as well. I'm just searching for answers here that I really think Children's should have been doing 2 weeks ago. So, I'm taking matters into my own hands and doing this myself and telling my DR tomorrow or the NP how upset I am about this. I don't care that they have thrush, I'm mad about that, I feel that it should have been caught sooner. I KNOW OLivia's had it for quite some time, WHY didn't a nurse catch it. Seriously, it shouldn't have had to be caught by our NP, and that was only a CHANCE thing. So, more of OUR stuff to go to the NICU to be junked up I am sure, but if it gets them out of there, yay. I am also requesting tomorrow that they start Olivia on some meds for reflux. Maybe that will help her feel better and eat her bottles. Come on kids...it's time, it's beyond time. Seriously, what kind of bribes will you guys take to come home, I'm so at that point.

Here's the best part of our weekend...

Olivia...










Sydney...


Have a great day.

Signed, the seriously frustrated Mom who just wants her babies to come home, now damnit (yes I know I sound like a 2 year old and I don't care).

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jeni! Way to be the advocate your girls need. It's awesome that you stand up for what you want for the girls. What a super Mommy you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They continue to be adorable. Looks like you've done a great job fattening them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeni,
    I can't begin to imagine your frustration not having these precious girls home yet. Amy and I are praying they will come home with you and Matt soon.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment about our blog entries. We'd love to hear from you!