Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Girl, are you pooping?...I think her diaper's leaking....

"...OR, I'm sweating, I so hope it's sweat! It is thank god!"
-Matt to his daughter, Olivia, during kangaroo care on 7/22/08

Seriously, the look on his face was PRICELESS. However, after he determined that it was sweat, I did remind him that I am sure in the next couple years that this will probably happen a couple times to him. He took it well... as well as a man who told me a long time ago that he could deal with ANYTHING BUT poop when it came to babies... which was a great trade off for me, since vomit (true vomit, not baby spit up), tends to make me vomit as well.

So, we have LOTS of news from today!

1- I had a Dr's appointment and I am CLEARED to drive. Everyone should be mildly concerned... it's been 10 weeks since I last drove! Matt had me 'audition' to drive again. My test 'drive' was to the car dealership (I guess I passed). His car has some things that needed to be done, so it's at the Mazda dealership... leaking transmission fluid? I was oh so thrilled to find that tell tale red goop on the floor of our garage 2 days ago... Anyone know how to get that stain out and get rid of the fluid? If so, please share! Normally we'd have our FABULOUS neighbor take it to his work and have this stuff done, BUT we have a Mazda warranty and if this thing is leaking and it's going to be expensive to fix, I'd rather use our warranty to fix it...know what I mean?

2- The girls are officialy NOT identical, which we had originally suspected. What happened to cause them to feel they were identical? Well, it appeared on the ultrasounds that there was only 1 placenta... Apparently it is VERY common (due to lack of space), that the 2 sacks fuse and look like they share placentas (we were already prepared to hear this as we'd already asked our Perinatologist about the possiblity of this occurring). Then there's the fact that they look fairly different...thankfully! :) Matt feels that Olivia looks like me (my chin and eye shape) and that Sydney looks like him (his chin and eye shape). Sydney has my lips and Olivia has his, so they are a nice mix... as for noses, it's too soon to tell... God, I HOPE they have Matt's nose! :) I hope they get some random relative's skinny genes too!

3-Sydney had her PIC (permanent IV line) removed today...YAHOO! Olivia is working on getting her humidity level down from a 2 to a 1 (which is where she had been before she started breathing VERY deeply and swiftly (when they suspected that she had a cold). All of their cultures came back negative for infections, BUT THAT DOESN'T mean that we can start opening the isolettes all the time again. We need to err on the side of caution with them!

4-BOTH babies are weighing in at 2lbs, 8oz! YAY for being back to their birth weights.

5-Olivia is getting a pot belly and it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin' adorable. BIG fan of little baby bellies, we are (a little Star Wars reference for Matt).

6- Our stupid air conditioner didn't get fixed today, they had to reschedule for Thursday morning, and that stinks, but at least I got some more sleep today! :)

7-Tomorrow our house get's cleaned, YAY and Gale (Matt's Dad) is taking me to see the babies since Matt's car is at the shop.

Well, I think that's it. My editor (Matt) will be coming on soon to add MORE adorable pictures of the girls and to edit my writing, I am sure! :)


First up, Sydney Ann.




Last, and certainly not least, Olivia Kay.






Hope all is well!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment about our blog entries. We'd love to hear from you!